Pulwell BFRP composite rebar is made from high strength Basalt fibers along with an extremely durable Epoxy resin. The Basalt fibers impart strength to the rebar while the Epoxy resin imparts excellent corrosion resistance properties in harsh chemical and alkaline environments. BFRP rebar significantly improves the longevity of civil engineering structures where corrosion is a major factor.
Pulwell’s BFRP Rebar is a sort of electrical insulator, which has the nonmagnetic, high acid-resistance, alkali-resistance. BFRP has the high permissibility for the moisture concentration of the cement mortar & the permeability, diffusion of the carbon dioxide. Theses can prevent the concrete construction from eroding to enhance its endurance.
Basalt fiber Rebars offer significant advantages over steel rebar in a variety of applications.
1.Much higher tensile strength than steel or fiberglass rebar of the same diameter.
2.Strength + Zero rusting allows for thinner, lighter panels and decks.
3. Much lighter than steel rebar.
4.No permanent deformation when bent. Diameters of up to 12mm can be coiled for shipment and used in long runs such as bridge decks and sea wall caps. The Rebar will naturally straighten when unrolled.
5.Exactly the same thermal coefficient of expansion as concrete.
6. BFRP rebaris naturally resistant to corrosion, rust, alkali, and acids. Chemically inert, basalt rebars are compatible with concretes having different Ph values. BFRP rebar has better alki-resistant property than GFRP rebar
7.Does not absorb and transfer moisture like glass fibers do. Exposed fibers will not create a path for water to penetrate and destroy concrete.
8.Does not conduct electricity.
9.Non magnetic, does not induce fields when exposed to RF energy, so it can be used in applications like MRI rooms and around RFID readers.
10. Easily cut to length in the field with common tools.
Product Type: composite rebar
Material: Basalt fiber reinforced polymer ( BFRP)
Surface: sand-coated rough
Size: 6mm to 32mm dia. in specific lengths
Shape: straight in specific length or rolls
Packaging: bundles or pallets
When BFRP rebars used to reinforce concrete, basalt Rebar reinforcement is an advanced alternative to steel rebar. Ideal for:
• Hydraulic engineering, especially Structures Built in or Close to Seawater
• Highway reinforcement, especially high-speed roadways and Reinforced Concrete Exposed to Deicing Salts
• Applications Subjected to Other Corrosive Agents
• Applications Requiring Low Electric Conductivity or Electro-magnetic Neutrality
• Applications in Tunneling / Boring Requiring Reinforcement of Temporary Concrete Structures
• Basalt reinforcement rods are also an alternative building and construction solution in regions prone to earthquake and seismic hazards.
Contact us for more detail spec.
high modulus basalt fiber reinforced polymer composite rebar for concrete reinforcement comes from Pulwell - one of the professional manufacturers and suppliers in China. Offering customized service, we warmly welcome you to wholesale our quality products made in China and check the pricelist and quotation with our factory.